CLIMATE CHANGE : (Grades 4 — 12)
- Learn about global climate and environmental problems, including the plastic trash crisis, pollution and its effects, the shortage of fresh water, and other health threats.
- Discover how these problems affect their communities.
- Explore how their personal choices affect the environment.
- Create a proposal to solve a problem related to climate change or the environment in their community.
- Present the proposal to experts.
- Present the final version of their proposal to their peers at a culminating event.
Processes and activities include:
- Constructing a timeline of climate change-related events.
- Creating an original public service announcement video about climate change.
- Conducting online and field research.
- Developing and administering questionnaires.
- Creating charts and PowerPoint presentations.
- Gain skills in video production and editing.
- Develop leadership and problem-solving skills.
Every module is accompanied by Prezi remote classroom learning experience that you will be sharing with your students. You will get the link to Prezi that will be active for as long as your subscription is active.
iDEAS by youth Symposium
Purpose & Vision
Creating a Project Based Learning (PBL) Culture
PBLWORKS Gold Standards
PBL Facilitation Guides
– iDEAS Climate Change Facilitator