Health & Wellness: (Grades 4–12)
Students will find answers to these and many other questions in this program. We provide one of the best health & wellness courses for students’ mental health during the pandemic that will help them to overcome stress. They will learn the interconnected nature of physical, mental, and social health. They will create a project addressing a particular health problem in their community and work on becoming an expert in that subject. Working in teams students will create a video with their solution and present it at the Youth Health Ambassadors’ Forum.
In this practical and inspiring program, youth will:
- Research various aspects of health and wellness and explore what it means to them.
- Set and achieve goals related to their own health and the health of their communities.
- Learn about the obesity epidemic and its structural causes, and explore personal choices that can help avoid it.
- Conduct research about nutrition and exercise discovering resources available in their neighborhood.
- Explore mental health, mental illness and the stigma around it. Research mental health issues in their community.
- Explore the benefits and drawbacks of social media, learn how teens use it, and how it affects mental health.
- Take online learning modules aligned with National Health Education standards.
- Create a project that addresses a problem related to physical, mental, or social health in their community.
- Create a video presenting the problem and their solution to it.
- Present their projects/videos at the Youth Health Ambassadors’ Forum, which will include a panel of experts and the public.
Every module is accompanied by Prezi remote classroom learning experience that you will be sharing with your students. You will get the link to Prezi that will be active for as long as your subscription is active.
iDEAS by Youth Symposium
Purpose & Vision
Creating a Project Based Learning (PBL) Culture
PBLWORKS Gold Standards
PBL Facilitation Guides
– iDEAS Health & Wellness Facilitator